The Continuing Education (CE) program provides a variety of activity types with which to earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Each activity has a maximum number of CEUs that can be submitted based on the activity type. When looking for activities to participate in make sure that 50% of the subject being taught, subject you are teaching or what you are writing about relates to one or more of the exam objectives for the certification you are renewing. CompTIA encourages you to use your best judgment in determining activities with relevant topics relating to the certification being renewed.
View the CE program activities summary to learn about the various types of CE activities, the number of Continuing Education Units (CEUs) you can earn for each activity and the documents you’ll need to submit for your CEUs.
3-year renewal cycle example
Security+ intent level – 50 CEUs
Attend a 1-hour webinar
- 1 CEU earned per hour
- Total 1
Complete 40 hours of training
- 1 CEU earned per hour of training
- Total 40
- 3 CEUs earned per CE renewal cycle year
- Total 9
CompTIA has reviewed and preapproved training for CEUs. Please review the training specific to the certification you are renewing.
When earning CEUs, it is important to ensure the following steps are completed:
- Read the CE Program Activities Summary on the Earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs) page.
- If renewing multiple certifications, read the Renewing Multiple Certifications page.
- Make sure the CEUs you want to enter were earned within your three-year CE renewal cycle.
- Confirm that the documentation requirements have been completed.