You can purchase a voucher at the CompTIA Marketplace for yourself or for someone else. Exam vouchers are used similar to a gift card. For example, employers often use vouchers to pay for their employees’ exams or parents may purchase vouchers for their children.
Exam Voucher Guidelines
- All CompTIA exam voucher purchases are non-refundable.
- Vouchers have an expiration date – typically one year from the purchase date – that cannot be extended.
- You must take your exam by the voucher expiration date.
- Once you’ve used a voucher to register for an exam, you cannot transfer it to someone else.
- Vouchers are certification-specific and are not interchangeable between certification exams.
- You may use each voucher only once for a single exam. If you need to retake the exam, you will need to purchase a new voucher.
- If you need to reschedule your exam, you must do so at least 24 hours prior to your exam appointment time.
- If you don’t reschedule at least 24 hours prior to your appointment time or don’t appear for your appointment, the voucher is still considered redeemed. You will need to purchase a new voucher to take the exam you missed.
- Certification retirement dates supersede voucher expiration dates. If a CompTIA certification is being retired, you must take the exam prior to the certification retirement date. Vouchers are non-refundable and will be void after the certification retirement date.
Your Voucher Order
After purchasing a voucher from the CompTIA Marketplace, you’ll receive two emails. The first is your order summary and the second contains your voucher details.
If you don’t receive either of these emails, check your spam and junk folders. If you need additional assistance with your order, contact email@example.com.
CompTIA cannot help with vouchers purchased from other companies. For questions about these vouchers, please contact the party through which you obtained them.