The following bandwidth requirements are necessary to ensure successful delivery of IBT tests using the Pearson VUE Browser Lock Secure Browser product for CompTIA Client-Proctored exams. Test takers may experience decreased test delivery performance if these requirements are not met.
- A base connection speed of 40 Mbps down/up is required. For optimal delivery of IBT tests, 50 Mbps is strongly recommended.
- If more than one test is being delivered simultaneously, then an additional 256 Kbps down/up is required for each simultaneous test delivery beyond the first.
Connections Not Supported
- VPN connections are strongly discouraged and may result in disruption to test delivery.
- SSL VPNs are strictly prohibited (e.g. Hotspot Shield).
- Dial-up internet connections are not supported.