The Instructor Guide is designed to support instructors with tips and best practices on fostering an excellent learning experience for students. The Instructor Guide contains the same content as The Student Guide with additional teaching tips and resources.
In addition to the comprehensive coverage of exam objectives, The Instructor Guide includes the following:
- Course-specific delivery tips: Supplemental content and delivery tips provide the instructor with additional insights to deliver the course successfully.
- Facilitator notes: The Instructor Guide includes notes and tips in the margins, including display slides prompting the instructor to display a specific slide from the accompanying PowerPoint files, content delivery tips, suggested places to interact with the class through discussion questions, notes for when the instructor might want to monitor individual students as they perform activities, and suggestions for how to engage learners and incorporate videos.
- PowerPoint slides: A complete set of PowerPoint slides to facilitate the class, which includes lists, tables, diagrams, illustrations and annotated screens as well as activity summaries.
- Presentation Planners: Several Presentation Planners are provided in the Resources menu. The Planners help the instructor plan the class schedule and it includes examples of schedules for different course lengths whether courses are continuous or offered separately across a multi-session series.
- Transition Guides: For instructors who have used earlier versions of CompTIA Certification+ training content, these bridge documents get users up to speed on the new versions quickly and efficiently. For instructors new to using CompTIA content, an onboarding guide provides instructors a high-level overview of each course, including the table of contents, exam mapping guide, course setup changes, activities and more.
Courseware Available on The CompTIA Learning Center
The CompTIA Learning Center is an intuitive online platform that provides access to the eBook and all accompanying resources to support The Official CompTIA Curriculum. An access key to The CompTIA Learning Center is delivered upon purchase of the print or eBook. Resources include the following:
- Online Reader: An interactive online reader provides the ability to search, highlight, take notes and bookmark passages in the eBook. Students can also access the eBook through The CompTIA Learning Center mobile app, which allows for offline viewing.
- Resources: Supporting materials for instructors and students are available for download from the Resources menu. Further details about the resources are included below.
- Videos: Brief videos that are organized by Lesson and Topic provide demonstrations of key activities and topics in the course. Videos can be shown in class to engage students or be reviewed later to reinforce important topics.
- Assessments: Practice questions help verify a student’s understanding of the material for each lesson. Answers and feedback can be reviewed after each question or at the end of the assessment. A timed final assessment provides a practice-test-like experience to help students determine their readiness for their CompTIA certification exam. Students can review correct answers and full feedback after attempting the final assessment. Instructors are not able to see student performance.
- Strengths and Weaknesses Dashboard: After a student has attempted the assessments within the platform, their results are aggregated in the strengths and weaknesses dashboard to provide an indicator of their overall performance in the course.