CompTIA Student Guides provide comprehensive coverage of the exam objectives in a format that is familiar and intuitive to learners. Available in print and eBook formats, CompTIA Student Guides are delivered on an intuitive online platform for learners to access all of their course materials.
Focused on Job Roles and Objectives
The Official CompTIA Guides are organized into lessons and topics, and they align training to work in the real world. At the course level, the content reflects a real job role, guided by the objectives and content examples in the CompTIA exam objectives. Lessons refer to functional areas within that job role, and topics within each lesson relate to discrete job tasks.
Rigorously Evaluated To Ensure Adequate Coverage of Exam Objectives
CompTIA employs trusted third-party subject matter experts to review the content against the exam objectives and validate that an appropriate breadth and depth of coverage has been achieved. This process helps ensure that learners are adequately prepared for their CompTIA certification exam(s). Additionally, icons at the beginning of each topic call out the specific exam objectives covered.
- Courseware Available on The CompTIA Learning Center
- The CompTIA Learning Center is an intuitive online platform that provides access to the eBook and all accompanying resources to support The Official CompTIA Curriculum. An access key to The CompTIA Learning Center is delivered upon purchase of the print or eBook. Resources include the following:
- Online Reader: An interactive online reader provides the ability to search, highlight, take notes and bookmark passages in the eBook. Students can also access the eBook through The CompTIA Learning Center mobile app, which allows for offline viewing.
- Resources: Supporting materials for instructors and students are available for download from the Resources menu. Further details about the resources are included below.
- Videos: Brief videos that are organized by Lesson and Topic provide demonstrations of key activities and topics in the course. Videos can be shown in class to engage students or be reviewed later to reinforce important topics.
- Assessments: Practice questions help verify a student’s understanding of the material for each lesson. Answers and feedback can be reviewed after each question or at the end of the assessment. A timed final assessment provides a practice-test-like experience to help students determine their readiness for their CompTIA certification exam. Students can review correct answers and full feedback after attempting the final assessment. Instructors are not able to see student performance.
- Strengths and Weaknesses Dashboard: After a student has attempted the assessments within the platform, their results are aggregated in the strengths and weaknesses dashboard to provide an indicator of their overall performance in the course.
The Student Guide eBooks can be accessed on the CompTIA Self-Paced eReader mobile app, available in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. Features such as offline access and text-to-speech are supported.