To launch and use a lab, the following requirements must be met:
- Use a supported operating system.
- Windows 7 or later.
- Ubuntu 14.04 or later (or comparable distribution).
- macOS 10.12 or later.
- Have a supported browser like Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
- The latest version is preferred, but full support details can be found below.
- Chromium-based browsers like Opera or Vivaldi can connect, but default hotkeys they set may interfere with lab inputs.
- Be connected to a network that allows at least one of the following:
- Secure Web sockets on HTTPS port 443 and 43443.
- RDP over port 21xxx or 443 (enhanced control).
In addition to the software requirements above, we recommend the following:
- Minimum 200kbps consistent bandwidth with 1mbps burst per student.
- Machine controller bandwidth consumption is based on the rate onscreen content changes, some scenarios (i.e. web browsing inside the lab) may require more.
- For an optimal experience, we recommend at least 1mbps per student.
- When utilizing the instructions interface, bandwidth needs may increase based on what features are utilized. Examples include:
- Embedded audio
- Embedded video
- Large numbers of embedded images
- Bandwidth usage is highly dependent on the media being used. An embedded MP3 may fit into 1mbps burst capacity, while a 1080P video can require up to 10mbps for its duration.
- When using Cloud Slice labs where the target environment is a website, additional bandwidth may be required.
- For the Azure and AWS management portals, we recommend at least 512kbps per student.
For fully updated system requirements, please check here.