|5th generation Intel Core i3 or better (click for details)
|~2.4GHz or faster
|4GB or more
|3.6 Mbps per user
|64-bit Windows 10 or newer
Intel-Based Mac OS X or newer
Chrome OS - See note on Chromebooks below
|Graphic Acceleration must be enabled
Note for Chromebook/Chrome OS:
- Supported Chromebook specifications
- Minimum: 2015 or newer Chromebook with Intel Celeron or Intel Core processor and 4GB RAM
- Recommended: 2018 or newer Chromebook with 4GB RAM
- Recommended: minimum 14” Monitor
Click here for tips specific to using TestOut courses on Chromebook
Note: Courses may run on computers not meeting listed specifications, but slowness or unresponsiveness may occur. Click here for detailed information and troubleshooting.
*Some versions of Windows 10 (N and KN) may not play videos correctly in all supported browsers. For more information please refer to this article.
- Mobile devices are not supported to work with LabSim. It may be possible for some tablets and phones to play our videos and display our fact sheets to a limited extent but quizzes and lab simulations are disabled on tablets and phones. There is no mobile app. Click here for more information.
- An external computer mouse is recommended. Touch screens are not supported.
- TestOut lab simulations can be sensitive to screen size, so smaller screens may benefit from a reduced browser zoom setting.
- TestOut is entirely online and lab simulations, quizzes, and videos are not available for download.