Invite Students to Class with Licenses
Once your class is created invite students to your class. The invitation you send will allow students to setup their own accounts, gain access to their course, as well as automatically enroll them in your class. Please note this procedure is typically not used if you are integrated with your LMS.
1. Across from your class click the more button (3 dots) and select Invite Students to Class.
2. Read What to Expect in This Process. If you want to omit this screen detail after this, please check the box Don’t show these instructions in the future.
3. Click Next.
4. Does your class use activation codes or licenses with CompTIA products? (Typically, K12 organizations purchase the course for the students so teachers provide students with licenses. Higher education students typically use activation codes because they purchase the course for their class.) Click What’s the difference? for further . Of course, there are always exceptions, so if you are unsure which option is used by your facility, please contact your CompTIA representative.
5. So, your facility uses Licenses.
- Click Licenses – Each student needs a license so enter the number of students in the How many students do you want to invite? field. After the number is listed, you’ll see how many licenses you are reserving out of the total for your school.
- If by chance the number of students you entered was larger than the available licenses, a red message will appear to contact your CompTIA representative to purchase more licenses.
- Click Create Reservation.
6. Now select Email Them Myself. Yes, there is another choice here, do NOT select that. You will have the option to either email or simply post the class link.
- An email template is automatically generated. Click Copy Email if you want to send the email and follow the outlined instructions.
- Or copy the link and paste that where the students will have access to click on it.
- It’s IMPORTANT to note that each class will have a different link so if you are teaching multiple classes be sure to keep the links with their respective classes.
- Please note that if students do not use licenses that were reserved, after that invitation period, 7 days by default, those unused licenses will return to your license pool.
- You can edit the invitation any time after it has been created.
7. Click Close or the X in the upper right. Once a student clicks the link, they can create an account or log in to an existing account. After logging in, the student is automatically enrolled in your class and provided access to the respective course.
- Students should only create one account. If a student doesn’t remember their login credentials, the student should NOT create a new account. Not only will the student have two accounts, but this will also use up an additional license. You can provide the student with their username and a temporary password if needed.
- After students have created their accounts, they should go to the platform website to login just like you do. However, if the student uses the class link after their account is created, again, the student should NOT create a new account but choose to login with their existing account. You can provide the student with their username and a temporary password if needed.
- If a student accidentally created two accounts you can use the “Return License to Pool” for the duplicate student, unenroll the duplicate student from your class, and archive the duplicate student.
You are also welcome to contact your CompTIA representative for assistance.