It's important that you adhere to all the OnVUE online exam delivery policies to avoid any violations which may result in your exam being invalidated.
Please see the OnVUE Online Testing for CompTIA page to review all the OnVUE policies, procedures and FAQs. We also encourage you to review Pearson VUE's All-Inclusive OnVUE Guide to Taking Your Online Exam.
Common OnVUE Policy Violations to Avoid
- Leaving or leaning out of the webcam view: The webcam must be forward-facing and at eye level to ensure your head and shoulders are visible within the webcam view at all times. The webcam must remain in front of you and cannot be placed at an angle.
Note: Leaving the webcam view for any reason or duration once the check-in process has started, even if it's before your exam has started or you have already completed all the exam questions, will result in your exam session being terminated and the exam result being invalidated. Upon exam completion, you must fully close the OnVUE application before leaving the webcam view.
- Talking or mumbling aloud: You should not read the questions out loud on a continuous basis or visually move your lips or murmur or mumble, while reading the questions, as this will constitute a breach of policy. While concentrating on a particular question, candidates may accidentally murmur to themselves. Please refrain from murmuring or reading out loud.
Note: If, after a warning from the proctor is given, a candidate continues to read out loud and/or visually move your lips or murmur or mumble, the exam will be shut down and the incident reported to CompTIA. This policy is strictly enforced and no remedy for a refund or free retest is available.
- Third party entering the testing space: Once you’ve started your exam, nobody may enter or even pass through your testing space, and you may not communicate with anyone other than your proctor. You should take your exam in a private, enclosed area where you will not be interrupted at any time.
Note: There should be no interruptions whatsoever including children and pets.
- Going to the bathroom after beginning the check-in process: You must stay within the webcam view at all times once the check-in process has started, and CompTIA does not allow breaks for any reason during delivery of any CompTIA exam.
Note: We recommend you use the restroom prior to checking in with the online proctor to initiate your exam.
- Wearing a watch: Wearing a watch of any kind is prohibited and all personal belongings should be removed from the testing space.