We’ve simplified the process for renewing your CompTIA certification(s) by offering several options to renew with a single activity. The following activities will renew your certification(s) if completed within your three-year renewal period:
Complete CompTIA CertMaster CE
- CertMaster CE is a self-paced online course that builds on the skills demonstrated when a candidate first passed their exam while integrating new topics from the most current exam objectives to automatically renew their certification upon completion.
- This renewal option is only available for CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ and CompTIA Security+ and only if you passed a previous version of the exam.
- No CE fees are required beyond the CertMaster CE course purchase price.
- Review the full details and eligibility requirements on the Complete a CompTIA CertMaster CE Course page.
Earn a Higher-Level CompTIA Certification
- No CE fees are required beyond the exam fee for the higher-level certification.
- Review the Higher-Level Certifications hierarchy to learn which CompTIA certifications will renew any respective lower-level certifications.
Earn a Qualifying Non-CompTIA IT Industry Certification
- CE fees must be paid if you are renewing by earning a non-CompTIA IT industry certification.
- Review the Non-CompTIA IT Industry Certification listings to learn which non-CompTIA certifications qualify to renew your CompTIA certification(s).
Pass a Newer Release of Your CompTIA Certification Exam
- You may renew your CompTIA certification by passing the most recent release of the exam.
- No CE fees are required beyond the CompTIA exam fee.
- Review the details for renewing by passing a newer version of the certification exam.