These are the configuration settings necessary on each testing workstation for the successful delivery of a Client-Proctored exam. A moderate level of technical skill may be necessary to comply with these following settings.
Configuration Steps and Settings
- Save any open files and close all open windows before opening the Pearson VUE Browser Lock product.
- Some internet security and anti-virus software may require an exception to be made for the Pearson VUE Browser Lock secure browser.
- You may want to install a printer so that test takers may print their score report upon completion of the test.
- Please be aware of the following keyboard shortcuts:
- Ctrl+R refreshes the Browser Lock
- Alt+P takes you to the Previous Item
- Alt+N takes you to the Next Item
- The following URLs may need to be added as trusted sites under Internet Settings. This can be done by going to the Control Panel > Internet Options > Security tab. Select Trusted Sites. Click the Sites button and add the following items to the list of websites. You may need to deselect the Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone option.
- http://*.pearson.com and https://*.pearson.com
- http://*.pearsonvue.com and https://*.pearsonvue.com
- Note: If your system does not accept the IP Range '0/16', then try using just '0' at the end.